| Rider’s Code of Conduct
Any person who rides on-board a WRTA bus is deemed to have accepted the normal risks that may be encountered when traveling on
board a public vehicle. Drivers are trained to operate in a safe and professional manner at all times. Passengers are reminded that as
with any vehicle traveling on public roads, sudden stops may occur without warning. Child restraint systems are installed on all seats as an
additional precaution for our young passengers.
For a safe and enjoyable trip as a passenger on the bus I agree to :
- Wear a shirt and shoes.
- Have exact change before boarding. Drivers cannot make change.
- Drivers cannot refund money from the fare box.
- Be at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Refrain from smoking, eating, or drinking. All food and beverages must in sealed containers.
- Carry on items too large to fit between the seats are too big to transport on the bus.
- Not bring anything on board that could be considered a weapon.
- Not bring on board hazardous materials, or combustibles.
- Companion animals are welcome in a pet carrier or on a leash under the condition the animal is under the passengers control at all
times. Cats must be in a pet carrier without exception.
- Service animals are always welcome.
- Passengers may carry up to four grocery sized bags.
- Passengers must carry their own oxygen, groceries, strollers, carts, pets and children.
- All mobility device passengers must use the bus restraint system if they are not using a powered chair. Powered chair passengers
are encouraged to use the bus restraint system.
- Mobility device passengers must use their seat belt, or a lap belt when on the lift.
- The first row seats are reserved for seniors, the disabled, and passengers traveling with children. Passengers not meeting this
condition must yield the seats in the first row of seats when requested to do so by the driver.
- Children must be removed from strollers.
- Strollers must be folded and stowed when a bus is moving.
- Children are strongly encouraged to use the bus restraint system.
- Aisles must be kept free and clear of all personal belongings.
- Always safely secure oxygen equipment.
- Only occupy one seat.
- Remain seated while the bus is moving.
- Refrain from fighting, vulgarity, pushing, or disruptive behavior. It is inappropriate.
- Always use headphones with portable electronic devices.
- Keep conversations private.
- Don’t distract the driver.
- Stay behind the white line whenever the bus is in motion.
- Soliciting or loitering are not allowed.
- Keep the bus clean.
Denial of Service
WRTA Bus Lines reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Inappropriate behavior, language or conduct toward any passenger or
employee will not be tolerated.
||Copyright 2012 WRTA Bus Lines. All rights reserved.
Web Hosting by Yahoo!